LaunchBox Community Forums

Search Box Issue

martini

Hi Launchbox 4.2 looks very good here. But I'm having an issue with the search box. When I type on a category that have several ROM (4K), it slows down the typing, and each word I type locks the application for some seconds. It also takes some time to refresh the screen when I delete the text on the search box. Is there something that can be done to improve the search time? Regards

martini said Hi Launchbox 4.2 looks very good here. But I'm having an issue with the search box. When I type on a category that have several ROM (4K), it slows down the typing, and each word I type locks the application for some seconds. It also takes some time to refresh the screen when I delete the text on the search box. Is there something that can be done to improve the search time? Regards
Actually... I am not sure this is a bug. Probably to prevent massive resource usage it lags down. At least that is my theory and why I didn't report it myself. You could try increasing the RAM for LaunchBox in tools -> settings -> ram cache . See if that helps it speed up the images because I think that's what causing the lag. I have a huge 5k+ library too.

Martini, I just put out a beta release that should at least help the issue. If you would, please go to Tools > Options > General > Updates and check the box to enable updates to beta releases. Then you should be prompted to update on restart. Can you test it for me and let me know how well it works for you now? Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason. I installed version 4.3 beta 2. I installed it manually from the temp download archive,because the automatic download/update didn't worked. (maybe some Windows 8.1 security limitation) The search box is better now. It nows allows to me fully type the thing I'm searching for, it takes some time and it shows what I'm looking for. The search on a category (platform) with 470 ROMs is taking like 6 seconds. But it is a lot better with the new behaviour of the search box. Thanks a lot. Regards-

martini said Thanks Jason. I installed version 4.3 beta 2. I installed it manually from the temp download archive,because the automatic download/update didn't worked. (maybe some Windows 8.1 security limitation) The search box is better now. It nows allows to me fully type the thing I'm searching for, it takes some time and it shows what I'm looking for. The search on a category (platform) with 470 ROMs is taking like 6 seconds. But it is a lot better with the new behaviour of the search box. Thanks a lot. Regards-
Try rechecking the Update box and apply then try closing LB again. I had to do the process a second time for it to take effect.