LaunchBox Community Forums

Suggestions 2015

Oussama

Hello I want to add some suggestions - Add installed for the Games is the position of the button (iso, bin, mdf, exe) Example http://i.imgur.com/cSO5VBi.jpg - Add your own favorite options such as You write yourself (favorite Games, Games install etc. ..)

Hi I also didn't understand Oussama suggestion, let's hope he can clarify it. About the features for 2015, I really like how LaunchBox has evolved since version 4.2 when I started using it. On my request list I have: 1) Having a batch way to include the games artwork after they had been imported. I only find a way to include the artwork of games by going one by one after they get imported. I just wish there was a way to say, just download all this ROMs artwork in batch. 2) Maybe I'm old fashion, or I'm missing something, but the PageUp and PageDown buttons are not working for me. Since it does not uses a regular scroll bar, it does not has the arrows, and I can not click the empty space of the scroll bar to make a PageDown, it will be nice if those buttons works. 3) More speed on the GUI. It lags (like 6 seconds) when you switch from one platform to other if you have a lot of ROMs/Games. I don't know if it because the size of LaunchBox.xml (45MB) ...and thats all I can thing right now. Regards

martini said Hi I also didn't understand Oussama suggestion, let's hope he can clarify it. About the features for 2015, I really like how LaunchBox has evolved since version 4.2 when I started using it. On my request list I have: 1) Having a batch way to include the games artwork after they had been imported. I only find a way to include the artwork of games by going one by one after they get imported. I just wish there was a way to say, just download all this ROMs artwork in batch. 2) Maybe I'm old fashion, or I'm missing something, but the PageUp and PageDown buttons are not working for me. Since it does not uses a regular scroll bar, it does not has the arrows, and I can not click the empty space of the scroll bar to make a PageDown, it will be nice if those buttons works. 3) More speed on the GUI. It lags (like 6 seconds) when you switch from one platform to other if you have a lot of ROMs/Games. I don't know if it because the size of LaunchBox.xml (45MB) ...and thats all I can thing right now. Regards
The library lag is going to happen when you get the entry count over a certain point. We figured it out at some point that after like 4k roms, it starts to exponentially get worse. There are a lot of things Jason did to improve it, it used to be a lot worse to do anything. I have almost 10k and opening Edit when looking at all of my roms lags, and switching takes a while too. Try increasing your RAM size in the options. We did start to pinpoint where it was coming from, and I'm still sure its the images. Splitting up the XML however, we talked about and would most likely not have any performance boost, and possibly a performance decrease. Batch updating after the initial import is coming from what I've been told.

martini said 1) Having a batch way to include the games artwork after they had been imported. I only find a way to include the artwork of games by going one by one after they get imported. I just wish there was a way to say, just download all this ROMs artwork in batch. Regards
Have you tried Emumovies website? they have an app that scans your roms folders and will download artwork videos etc to the relevant folders. Used it for years comes highly recommended from me. Only snag is you have to pay a little, but he puts the work in so it's fair I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Jason Carr said Hi Oussama, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding; can you clarify? You're suggesting a new Install button in the bottom bar? Per the favorite options, did you mean custom playlists?
Yes new Install button in the bottom bar http://i.imgur.com/zSZHPK1.jpg After pressing the button and see the interface install the game Install Game http://i.imgur.com/1odALtm.jpg + Yes Add custom playlists in favorite options example http://i.imgur.com/JWMhmCQ.jpg

Duckeenie said Have you tried Emumovies website? they have an app that scans your roms folders and will download artwork videos etc to the relevant folders. Used it for years comes highly recommended from me. Only snag is you have to pay a little, but he puts the work in so it's fair I think.
Duckeenie, can you clue me in as to how to use all that? I haven't found a download for the app.

Jason Carr said
Duckeenie said Have you tried Emumovies website? they have an app that scans your roms folders and will download artwork videos etc to the relevant folders. Used it for years comes highly recommended from me. Only snag is you have to pay a little, but he puts the work in so it's fair I think.
Duckeenie, can you clue me in as to how to use all that? I haven't found a download for the app.
It's on the downloads page Jason. It's called "EmuMovies DSU" As for using it, you'll have no problems; it's really intuitive :)