LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to get LaunchBox to use the Daily Build version of ScummVM?

donarumo

I'm attempting to add and play some games only supported by daily build versions of ScummVM. I tried manually editing the main xml file to add the games but LaunchBox replaces the daily build version in the scummvm folder with the current stable version. Would love an option to use the daily build version instead and add those newer games to the scummvm list as well.

donarumo said I'm attempting to add and play some games only supported by daily build versions of ScummVM. I tried manually editing the main xml file to add the games but LaunchBox replaces the daily build version in the scummvm folder with the current stable version. Would love an option to use the daily build version instead and add those newer games to the scummvm list as well.
What I do with DOS, is what could work with ScummVM. I replace the default build with Daum. What I did was backed up the DOSBox folder, so backup the ScummVM folder. Then, I renamed the Daum folder to exactly what the regular DOSBox folder was before. Then, I renamed the 64bit Daum exe to what the original DOSBox exe was. From there, launching normally just launches Daum instead. This should be the same method for ScummVM but rather the ScummVM naming conventions. Edit: Note that this is a workaround. Jason knows that people want to be able to change DOSBox and ScummVM versions.