LaunchBox Community Forums

Organising Coverart etc

Maddoc1007

Hi Jason just joined up. is there anyway that all artwork could be downloaded into folders like Covers, Screenshots, Banners, Logos etc instead of in the image folder with individual folders for each game with their respected folders inside. my reason for asking is that i like to keep all my box art for all the different platforms dos sega nintendo etc all the same. at the moment the only way i could do this was to right click on each game in launchbox and save as game name in to folders on my desktop ie coverart banners and the like. when i have all my games done i then use irfanview to batch convert them all to jpg and save them in their category folder in each emulator. finally i then delete the games coverart and install new one which i converted to 500Width by 700Length (pixels) the end result is a nice uniform layout all through launchbox. thanks for a wonderful program Launchbox. martin ps: it would be great if the members here who are expert (im not one) at importing games into dos, scummvm, epscxe and all the other emulators would make tutorials on importing roms, and also explain what default command line parametres to use and what those command lines are for. thanks again

This wonderful thread covers the command-line side of things. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/command-line-parameters-arguments Though you shouldn't need much of it these days as many of them are built into Launchbox. On a personal level I agree on the covers thing; I think standardization can make life a lot easier for some. I do however accept that some concessions have to be made to make Launchbox work out of the box and remain as simple to use as it generally is.

Jason Carr said Hi Martin, I do have that feature planned. I assume you'd want to keep the images with the games themselves?
I can't speak for Martin but of lot of people myself included like to keep their emulation stuff in a more neutral place, one that isn't in a directory beneath a frontend or specific emulator. This way if one has a change of allegiance there is no need to move everything around again.

Hi Jason, yes that would be fine with the games would do , as i have them inside the emulator's folders under genesis covers master system covers, x32 covers etc, and a way to automatically change their default size to a uniform size which we could just type in ie:- (as i have done width 500 pixels length 700 pixels) if that is at all possible. thanks duckeenie for pointing me to the command lines but as it is there is no expalnation as to what those command lines do so can be confusing as to whether we want to use them or not.Confused