LaunchBox Community Forums

Okay I officially love RetroArch

DOS76

Hit a snag today with RA I set it up on one of my tablets and the major issue I'm having is my Ipega gamepad doesn't work very well with it. The controller is usually very good with Nestopia and Kega Fusion but it just isn't working good at all. My other tablet also uses the Ipega gamepad but it is a telescoping one turning the tablet into a handheld I copied RA over to it but need to charge it before I start playing I was looking at the input settings but don't really know which ones may benefit me if I was to change them. If not I would need to look into getting another gamepad that uses Bluetooth I have a ps3 controller and 3 Ouya controllers I know the Ouya controllers work in Windows but I could never get the PS3 one to work.

Yeah WinKawaks and the stand alone FGA are both good emulators but the Retroarch FBA core is just that final coat of polish needed to make them even more awesome. I really hope the Dreamcast and Saturn cores get up to speed sooner rather than later as the stand alone version of those emulators are very lacking at the moment. Even though they do the job fairly decently they just need that Retroarch love.

I'd love to see progress on those 2 N64 and Atari Jaguar for sure I'd also like to see someone get Jaguar CD emulation up. I figure the longer that it takes the less likely it is to happen at all with systems like those.

I want to love RetroArch, but it has made my life hell when it comes to autoconfig and having multiple controllers that I use, of which one or two are ever connected at the same time. Controllers: 2x XBOX360 Wireless Controller 1x Steam Controller 1x Omega ITGX 4-panel pad I find that I basically need to always use one, and only one, controller, or reconfigure all the cores ... it's extremely tenuous and something of a dealbreaker. THAT ASIDE ... it is an amazing platform and infinitely more manageable than a couple dozen individual emulator installs + some wonky emulator frontend configuration middleware (cough, hyperlaunch aka rocketlauncher aka whatever the hell it's called this week)...