LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with GOG games?

Kriven

I'm not sure how to get GOG games to launch properly without linking LaunchBox to their specific shortcut... If you rightclick the shortcut to check its Target you will see something like this: "C:\Users\Kriven\Documents\Games\JoyToKey_en\LaunchBox\Games\GOG\Akalabeth - World of Doom\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "..\dosboxAkalabeth.conf" -conf "..\dosboxAkalabeth_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit I'm just not sure how to associate this information in LaunchBox... do I use DOSBox.exe as the game's target file in LB? How do I tell LaunchBox to look for these specific configuration files with.. whatever that information is (-conf, -noconsole -c exit?)

Most often you can completely disregard GOG's configuration. The easiest thing to do is just to use their links, but otherwise you can tell LaunchBox to use DOSBox and then point the Application Startup Path to the DOS exe. You can use the config files in the DOSBox configuration tab if you want/need to. You shouldn't need to use any emulators or command line parameters.

• 2 years later...