LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Feature Request: Staff Metadata

Kriven

I was going through and adding the individual staff members for various games using the Custom Fields tabs with the system "Position" as the Field and "Name" as the Value... but I found that my filters were soon overrun, which I don't want. So my request is to add a page in the editing window for "Staff" which is essentially set-up the same as Custom Fields, but are handled differently by the LaunchBox system. What you will find on the left-hand menu would be a simple filter called "Staff" which, when clicked, lists all of the individuals by name. When you click on a name, like "Shigeru Miyamoto" Launchbox will refresh to show every game which they have worked on. Here's the big change. When you click on "Arrange By" instead of seeing the usual fields ("Platform", "Rating", etc.) you will see a list of positions associated with the "Staff" tag ("Director", "Producer", "Programmer", etc.). In that way you can first choose the creator you're looking for and then to sort the games they worked on by what their position was for that project.