LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam game detected as the wrong game

littleking

littleking said I imported my steam games and all of them were correct except for System Shock 2 which came up as Battle Chess II: Chinese ChessUntitled.png
So this is just a general scraping problem. This can, and will / personally happens to me a lot. When you import games specifically for PC (DOS is the worse offender) they will get tagged a lot as something else. There isn't too much we can do in this situation. What game was that supposed to be that got flagged as Battle Chess? Also, importing Steam games is not perfect.

Hi littleking, welcome. I am working on a much better Steam import process that will be out soon, which will use your Steam User ID and the Steam API to retrieve all games instead of just the games you have installed. This will be in the next version, which should be out relatively soon. Metadata matching should be improved as well. :) You can subscribe to the beta releases under Tools > Options > Updates if you want to get this sooner.