LaunchBox Community Forums

Library folders

Fluffo

Hi Fluffo, welcome. As for the moment, there is not a way to automatically scan for games on startup. That feature is definitely planned though, and will come eventually. That said, it is easy to drag and drop new games into LaunchBox currently. The games importers will also skip over any existing games to prevent duplicates, so you can re-run them at any time to add any new games in your folders.

Jason Carr said The games importers will also skip over any existing games to prevent duplicates, so you can re-run them at any time to add any new games in your folders.
This is pretty much what I do for now. I just re-run the importer and know that the differences will get added. We talked about a library system a while ago, It would also be great for deletion. Deleting a game in LB and it asking you if you want to delete the file its based on or if you delete the file LaunchBox will detect that the file is gone and ask if you want the entry to be deleted as well.

Jason Carr said Hi Fluffo, welcome. As for the moment, there is not a way to automatically scan for games on startup. That feature is definitely planned though, and will come eventually. That said, it is easy to drag and drop new games into LaunchBox currently. The games importers will also skip over any existing games to prevent duplicates, so you can re-run them at any time to add any new games in your folders.
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know you could drag the games into LaunchBox.