LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Final Burn Alpha

finagle69

22 minutes ago, jeffza1987 said:

Hi there i know this might be a old thread games work in retroarch final burn alpha but not launchbox i have the right associated platform.... Arcade then fbalpha_libretro but no command line i think thats what im doing wrong but cant seem to get it working any help thanx 

Some images might help us to spot any errors. The core is also called fba neo now, do you have that one downloaded and referenced in associated platforms? Commandlines are not needed these days, that is what the dropdown where you pick the core actually is, its a easier way for users to specify the core commandline.

12 minutes ago, jeffza1987 said:

So do i need to import as fba then use that core cause im still having trouble lol

You can import the platform with any name you like, but that is the "Associated Platform" name you have to use so that they match. I simply called mine FBA as i already have two Arcade platforms using MAME (one for controller use and another for arcade stick use). Agoin if you provide some images it will be easier to diagnose the error you have made. I only setup that FBA platform yesterday and it is using the retroarch fbaneo core, so it definitely works if your settings are correct.