LaunchBox Community Forums

Higan SNES emulator Not Auto Loading Games

appollo147

I don't know if you are familiar with this emulator as it is not not as well known as SNES9x, but it is by far the most cycle accurate SNES emulator ever. My problem is this, whenever I double-click a SNES game in Launchbox it opens Higan but it doesn't load the game. I know every emulator is different and some emulators need a specific command line to work properly. I was just wondering if their is a fix to get the games to auto load when using the Higan emulator. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. And as a side note I just want to say again that Launchbox is F'n amazing.

appollo147 said I don't know if you are familiar with this emulator as it is not not as well known as SNES9x, but it is by far the most cycle accurate SNES emulator ever. My problem is this, whenever I double-click a SNES game in Launchbox it opens Higan but it doesn't load the game. I know every emulator is different and some emulators need a specific command line to work properly. I was just wondering if their is a fix to get the games to auto load when using the Higan emulator. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. And as a side note I just want to say again that Launchbox is F'n amazing.
So Bsnes is Higan for anyone who is curious, and they require a weird setup for roms to work before LaunchBox gets involved. If you are stuck on using Higan, my honest opinion is to switch over to RetroArch and use one of the many SNES cores available for it. Snes9X, Bsnes and some others are all available. It takes a bit of setup, but once you know how RetroArch works, its fairly simple and the best for a select few emulators. Otherwise you'll need to look up the command line parameters for Higan and experiment with what can work. From quick searches apparently the Command Line after Higan was started is obscured.