LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help With SCUMMVM

appollo147

I love Launchbox it is the best front end their is in my opinion. But, I am having an annoying problem with SCUMMVM. I can not figure out how to change the version of SCUMMVM that Launchbox uses. I tried deleting the files in the Launchbox SCUMMVM folder and replacing them with a newer version. But it still launches the older version of SCUMMVM when I launch a game. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have noticed the same issue. I copied in a daily build version in the ScummVM folder, but it is overwritten during Launchbox-start. Question to Jason: How have you programmed this "feature"? And how is Launchbox doing this - where are the source fiels stored for this procedure?

Jason Carr said @alexs, this happens because ScummVM is actually stored inside of the LaunchBox.exe file, and is extracted on startup. I initially did this for portability, but I will be coming back to address it soon.
Thanks for the answer. It would be greate if you separate the tools. This would make launchbox.exe much smaller and maybe faster starting.

Jason Carr said I don't plan to separate it out because of the ease of distribution as-is; I want to keep it all together. However, I plan on adding options to use an external ScummVM installation instead, and of course in that case the one in the EXE would not be extracted or used.
Thats a very good idea. Do you plan a 2nd folder (i.e. ScummVM2) in Launchbox folder or do you plan a reference path to the external ScummVM application EXE? I prefer the first option, because of portability.

• 1 month later...
For running the Daum version of dosbox which supported nglide, I used a batch file after seeing in this thread that dosbox is currently built into Launchbox.
@echo off cd "\emulators\dos\dosbox daum" dosbox -conf c:\emulators\dos\games\gta-dosbox-daum.conf -noconsole -exit
For my custom dosbox.conf, I added the mount, run and exit command (since -exit doesn't seem to work in this version).
mount c c:\emulators\dos\games c: cd \gta\gtados gtafx.exe exit