LaunchBox Community Forums

Suggestion: A faster way to add screenshots

JKeift

Hey, I made a quick search and didn't find anything about this. I am manually adding screenshots to many games for which the "Download Images" function found no screenshots automatically. The only way I see to add screenshots is to open the "Edit" window individually for each game, drag the pic to the image box and then specify that it is a screenshot (instead of fanart, etc.) Seeing how I'm talking about more than one hundred games, I think it would be extremely useful if Launchbox allowed to just drag the image (from my browser or from a Windows folder) to the sidebar that contains the game info and screenshots. That way, we could avoid opening the "Edit" window for each individual game. Jason, do you think that feature would be feasible and simple enough to add? It would save me and many others a lot of time. Thanks for reading! Joaquin (proud owner of LB Premium Laugh )

Great idea Joaquin. I can see how that would be pretty tedious. Added to my list. I have another item on my list from someone else to figure out how to automatically add screenshots while in-game via hot-key. I think that'd be awesome too, but not sure how difficult or possible it would be, really. Thanks for the feedback and the purchase. :)

Oh, one more thing to note. With 5.0, LaunchBox will automatically parse images from the folders. So, if you name the files correctly, and drop them in the right folder, then you don't have to edit the games at all to add screenshots. That may be more trouble than it's worth, though, depending on how you're working on it.

• 2 weeks later...
on the name not shure was not paying atention,, as for "why use the Front folder?" is their another way, im pretty shere that is what i did any way it worked, yay ? is their an area that, explains the order of what images are shown in LB IE: if their is no clearview , fanart will take prioity in the back groung