LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird error (Launchbox 5.3 Premium)

JKeift

Hi, I already reported this bug a couple of days ago, but thought it would be a good idea to also post about it here in case it happened to someone else. Basically, when I am in the normal (i.e., non-Big-Box) mode, sometimes if I highlight a couple of games, a lengthy error prompt pops up and the "Details" ponel on the left becomes a white rectangle with a red cross. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the program. This happened to me several times in the last few weeks. I'm attaching an image to better illustrate the problem. As mentioned in the thread title, I'm using Launchbox 5.3 Premium. I know there's a newer version, but for some reason when I tried to update from within the program the last couple of times, the download was extremely slow and I had to stop it (it's worth mentioning that my internet connection was fine, so it seemed to be related to the program or the servers). I'll try to update again later and see if the download's faster. error.png

Jason Carr said Hi @JKeift, this should indeed be fixed in the latest version (5.5). Are you still experiencing slow download times? I get notified about this every once in a while, but every time I go and test it myself the download is fast, so I'm at a loss.
Hi, Jason. I just got your e-mail in reply to the bug report. After reading it, I opened Launchbox to download the update and the download was lightning fast. Not sure what may have been the problem earlier, but I'm glad the speed is back to normal! Regarding the bug itself, after the update, I've been highlighting games like crazy for the last 5 minutes in an attempt to reproduce it, but to no avail. So I guess it has indeed been fixed. I'll let you know if it ever comes up again. Thanks for your help! Joaquin