LaunchBox Community Forums

How to change language in RetroArch?

ayuno

That's not really how Emulation works. If a game has a different language you generally pick the language. Only later consoles might detect what language your console is in and change it. If RetroArch has different languages, I have never seen a place to change it. That is something you'll have to take up with them. There isn't anything we can really do about that, I apologize.

There we go. I haven't looked in to the Core options of Desmume before, so this is why. Start a DS Game in RetroArch. Press F1 in game to open up the RA Menu. It should be in Quick Menu and if it isn't go to the top of the First tab and open Quick Menu. In here go to Core Options. Go down until you get to "Firmware Language". I had assumed this to be a RetroArch option, but I hadn't seen a language setting in RA or the cores I have played around with a lot didn't have language options. So I am sorry I was mistaken at first.

We've changed from the Games Database to our own LaunchBox Database. Right now user submissions isn't available, but we'll have that available in the future. If it was in the Games Database even last week, we've got it already. New entries will come, and user submissions will come.