LaunchBox Community Forums

Dos-Box Feature Suggestion

Shades2585

Thanks for this great App! Smile I already mentioned adding Munt, a great Roland emulator to you. I would like to suggest adding the keymapper ability to where the game specific custom DosBox configuration is. Also manuals would be on the CD images we create but we can't point into the CD image. Just some ides. Keep up the great work! Laugh

Jason, When all these Dos games came out there weren't joysticks or game controllers with a lot of buttons. The key-mapping will allow you to set buttons on your controller to do things you would normally have to push keys on your keyboard to do. I found out that DosBox has a built in key-mapping feature. It can be used for joysticks or other devices. When in Dosbox press ctrl-f1 and it will pop up. Also, another command I found out about in Dosbox is "Mixer /listmidi". Type this in DosBox and it will show all the midi devices you have installed and what ID they are. I used this to set up Munt. It works just find with your program. I hope this helps. :D Sincerely, Shades