LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I Add Custom Images?

Ruthalas

I'd like to add a custom image as a cover, but I cannot discern how to do so. I feel like there used to be a "+" symbol next to the left and right arrows in the image area of the editor, but none exists now. The 'Download Images/Media" button does not provide a way to add local media. I tried inserting the images in the Launchbox folder hierarchy, and naming them appropriately, but that didn't work either. Help? (Oh, and it seems downloading images from Wikipedia doesn't work? Occasionally it will have a cover, but if the image is checked and you click download, the dialog closes with no other effect.)

Wikipedia is broken. Their API is not built for our purposes so don't rely at all on it. The only two scrapers that are for sure are the LaunchBox Games Database and EmuMovies. That said, if you drop your own images in to the folder you'll either need to restart LaunchBox and / or refresh the cache with the option in the Tools menu. As for adding them during the editor: You can right click -> add image, or click on the box with the type of image in it, select the category then drag and drop your image on to it.