LaunchBox Community Forums

game dadabase abought?

eric

Is there any one that can explain game databases , I here this every were and would like to know how it would benefit me? were does it go? how does it work with LB? . maybe i already have it and don't know it!. should it be update, but how? thanks for any insight ......peace.

I don't quite understand your question, but I'll explain to you the LaunchBox Games Database. So essentially, all it is is a location for Video Game media and metadata to reside. It's owned and controlled by us where users can submit changes, moderator's approve or reject the information and if approved it gets added to the Database. It is just an informational repository that LaunchBox connects to to make the experience of using LaunchBox better. We also connect to Wikipedia and EmuMovies to compliment our Database because we do not have every piece of information or every type of image for every game so they are there to compliment us. As for it being updated, there is nothing you have to do at all, if you don't want to. You're more than welcome to go to the Database (which a link to is at the top of every Forum page) and help give us information you may have, but you're more than welcome to just enjoy the database for the info it provides. You will have to update your games Metadata and Images every once in a while, but we're also going to work on a Schedule system that will update a users metadata for them since the Database is changing frequently with more and more information. I hope I explained it clearly, if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

If the auto update feature does come about, I would suggest and option to allow a user to not allow auto updates if said user did not want to use this feature. Like myself I have spent hundreds of hours (if not more lol) trying to gather proper data and images for my collection. No disrespect to everyone hard work. Like myself I will be contributing to the database as well, I just don't want to see all my own work disappear from my collection. I hope that doesn't come off as selfish, that is not intended. Cheers to this fantastic Community that is growing very fast!

I figured as much, you guys rock, by the way great job on taking the problem of the database into your own hands to find a solution. I still cannot believe that bandwidth caps still exist. Here in Thailand we don't have them unless you are on 3G or 4G cellular network. Cheers. Keep up the fantastic work!

SentaiBrad ,,,, Thanks for the reply you have total-y covered my request thank you very much this is why we are great hear.. I got in early here with the life time lic.. but will donate soon because of your work + jason peace + voted on emumovies for # one...