LaunchBox Community Forums

Customise rom searching parameters.

samfisher5986

I might be alone in this but I thought I would let you know just in case I'm not. I have a large collection of PS1 roms however I have them in .bin format for each track. So if a game has 20 music tracks, it will have twenty .bin files plus one for the game. The emulator loads the .cue file to understand how to load them all. The issue is when I import the roms, launchbox detects each .bin as a separate game and it would take way too long to manually filter through the list before the final import. I have figured out a solution though, i used a bulk renamer to rename all my .bin files to .jpg so launchbox wouldn't pick them up, then after the import i'm going to rename them back to .bin. Thanks Also bonus question: I have some old dos games, is there some kind of automated process to set these up? I imagine it would be hard to have everything automated as you would need to go into setup and set up your sound settings etc.

I have solved this by filtering down to just the .cue files in my PS1 folder by running a search for for *.cue, then dragging the .cue files from the search results window into LaunchBox to initiate the ROM import wizard. Regarding your DOS games, if they are already "installed" then you can use the above method to import .exe, .com, and .bat files (though this will likely grab setup files and other things that you don't want to import). If they are not installed or setup, then there isn't much you can do other than setting them up one at a time.

garbanzo said I have solved this by filtering down to just the .cue files in my PS1 folder by running a search for for *.cue, then dragging the .cue files from the search results window into LaunchBox to initiate the ROM import wizard.
I wish I knew this earlier! Thanks I'll do this from now on.
garbanzo said Regarding your DOS games, if they are already "installed" then you can use the above method to import .exe, .com, and .bat files (though this will likely grab setup files and other things that you don't want to import). If they are not installed or setup, then there isn't much you can do other than setting them up one at a time.
I thought that was the case. I guess I'll just install the best games and leave the rest.