LaunchBox Community Forums

New user, just upgraded to Premium, first post!

nathanddrews

Like the title says, I just tried out LB the other day after searching for a lightweight, portable frontend. I have tried many FEs, most have their strengths, but LB/BB seems like a great balance of features, customization, and stability combined with the footprint and portability I want. My compliments to the programmer(s)! My wife and I are building a 4-player arcade cab and BB will power it. I am trying to focus on only putting together the best games from consoles, PC, and arcades alike. I just don't want 6,000 games that I'll never play... In total, I've been able to work my list down to about 150 games. A decent mid-range PC (i3, GTX 470, SSD) will be powering a 34" Sony widescreen CRT that weighs 210lbs by itself. I'll be sure to post my progress here as I go. So far I have the following emulators: Jnes Kega Fusion SNES9X PJ64 1.6 MAME64 1.64 WinKawaks DOSbox Dolphin PCS2X Any words of wisdom for my journey? xmen6.jpg

Very cool @nathanddrews! I'm actually building my own right now as well (though I'm cheating and going with RecRoomMasters). The one thing I would say is Retroarch will be your secret weapon. It won't cover everything, but I'd replace at least a few of those emulators with Retroarch, just because the uniformity really helps when you have so many platforms. Retroarch makes for a much more seamless experience with cabinets too, because LaunchBox works with it to hide and show the games without any distracting windows and such.