LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch controller setup...

nathanddrews

59 minutes ago, nathanddrews said:

So I updated to RA 1.4.1 and started over setting up controllers and other settings. I have been pretty successful in setting up this 6-button controller for use in my games so far - except for N64 as previously discussed. I'll have to update my feelings about this controller once I get N64 emulation working well. NES, SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo, CPS all great so far. I made a video about my experiences so far if you want to check it out:

Cool thanks for letting others know much appreciated. My previous post about a different control scheme, occurred to me, you could copy and paste that retroarch folder to another location and use that folder for your N64? I actually do this for my ps1 games. I discovered recently why I could never play them correctly, they were conflicting. I copy and pasted my retroarch folder, and use the second one for ps1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Cool thanks for letting others know much appreciated. My previous post about a different control scheme, occurred to me, you could copy and paste that retroarch folder to another location and use that folder for your N64? I actually do this for my ps1 games. I discovered recently why I could never play them correctly, they were conflicting. I copy and pasted my retroarch folder, and use the second one for ps1.

Wait... so you have multiple (two) RA installations? I guess I don't see why not - you would just point LB to each .exe. That could be a great way to experiment with N64 without breaking anything else. Genius!

• Like 1

Yep, you would need to call it retroarch 2 or something, set up your glupen 64 in that with a completely different control scheme??

Retroarch is never installed just like launchbox, its in its folder but that's it, drag and drop anywhere you like. :) 

Edited by neil9000

22 minutes ago, nathanddrews said:

Wait... so you have multiple (two) RA installations? I guess I don't see why not - you would just point LB to each .exe. That could be a great way to experiment with N64 without breaking anything else. Genius!

I found this worked because mednafen psx I could never put above x1 native resolution. I discovered that in a second retroarch install I could turn on vulkan as the graphics driver and turn mednafen psx up to x8 resolution, no issues at all.!!!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...