LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing artwork/info if name isn't perfect - easy fix?

crimsonnight

Title says it all really, as you can see from this example, the name of the ROM is slightly different to the GameDB entry and because of that it's not grabbing the info for it: http://puu.sh/k7k8D/4b6bfd3ecf.jpg. I've just been through my SNES games and corrected the missing links, (which literally involved searching the metadata and selecting the first option from the list for all of them) and it took me over an hour, which is especially frustrating as the SNES has a relatively small library. So before I waste a day fixing all the missing entries, is there any way to allow the metadata search to be more lenient? Or automatically select the first option on the list if an exact match isn't found? Or at least take the name of the game in other regions into account? Bonus question: I'm trying to purchase the premium version of LaunchBox but it's saying that there's a problem with the recipient's PayPal account? Cheers

Hi @crimsonnight, per PayPal, I've switched it to use a different payment provider, but the old page is still cached for some people. Try pressing F5 to refresh the page. The automatic matching is tricky because it's easy to make matching mistakes if we get too lenient in the matching process. That said, I know it's not ideal. I have an item on my list to allow you to go through non-matches at the end of the process and easily choose the item to match them to.

Thanks for the swift response Jason, and I totally understand that, but if you had an option to automatically match up any non-matches with the first item on the metadata results list and maybe ok-ing them before committing that would be awesome. Would just a feature only be available when importing or at any time? If it's the first one then I'll wait before importing my other ROMs/Games. Cheers.

Jason Carr said Hi @crimsonnight, per PayPal, I've switched it to use a different payment provider, but the old page is still cached for some people. Try pressing F5 to refresh the page. The automatic matching is tricky because it's easy to make matching mistakes if we get too lenient in the matching process. That said, I know it's not ideal. I have an item on my list to allow you to go through non-matches at the end of the process and easily choose the item to match them to.
Hi Jason, My payment was accepted by Swipe 10 mins ago, but nothing's happened since - I'm yet to receive an email, could you please look into it for me?

Jason Carr said Hi @crimsonnight, sorry for the delay; I went to bed shortly after posting that. It looks like the email went out to you last night on schedule. I just re-sent it again. Let me know if you receive it.
Hi Jason. I repurchased it around an hour ago as I didn't receive anything the first time, I received the notification email the second time, as well as the one you reposted - could you please cancel/refund one of my orders? Also, should I wait for the new feature to be implemented before importing the rest of my ROMs? One extra question if you don't mind - is there any way to exclude certain labels from custom filters - for example I'd like to create a filter that displays SNES games, but only ones without the source-label 'hack'? Thanks,

I only see one payment from you, actually. So not sure what happened the first time around but it looks like it didn't go through. I guess that's why you didn't get an email at first. What you could do for the import, is import them all now, and then just delete the games that didn't pull information (you can filter by TheGamesDB.net ID). Then you can re-import them all later once we have the new solution, and it will skip over the games that already exist. I hope to get to that import thing soon, but I can't make any promises as to when at this point. Custom filters exclusions are another thing that I still need to tackle.

Jason Carr said I only see one payment from you, actually. So not sure what happened the first time around but it looks like it didn't go through. I guess that's why you didn't get an email at first. What you could do for the import, is import them all now, and then just delete the games that didn't pull information (you can filter by TheGamesDB.net ID). Then you can re-import them all later once we have the new solution, and it will skip over the games that already exist. I hope to get to that import thing soon, but I can't make any promises as to when at this point. Custom filters exclusions are another thing that I still need to tackle.
Ok thanks mate, I'll do that then - is there a newsletter or anything I can use to keep track of updates? Also I'll sign up to the beta releases :)