LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Import/ Image Scraping

bjwest

Hey all, I was wondering if any of the experts here were able to share a step by step guide into successfully importing Mame roms and the best way to scrape images for front box art? I am familiar with the importing process but because Mame seems to be a different kettle of fish (the zipped file names being abbreviated and all). I was curious to know how others are setting this up? As of now I have imported about 300 Mame roms (using in current location external hard drive) and I reckon maybe 10% of them have box art downloaded. Thanks

Are they named correctly? In the latest version of LaunchBox the abbreviated MAME games should be given their proper names not the abbreviation. I have only fooled around with importing my arcade ROMs because of the huge amount of clones, nonworking games and different revisions (it would just be an insane amount of work to import of them and then edit them out). So far I have noticed that alot of them don't end up with any metadata so I'm assuming that the DB just doesn't have entries for many of them.