LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch

fishman

Hi, i'm trying to setup retroarch with almost all my systems. But i have a problem with it, the first system works great. After that it says that emulator already exists with the name you've specified. Please choose a different name. How can i use retroarch for more then one system? Please help!!!!

Retroarch can only be added once! In the emulator overview, click on retroarch, then on settings. There you can set all core specific (command line parameters per system) option, like the genplusgx core for genesis, mastersystem and so on. You can also specify custom retroarch configs there.

How i do that? Heres what i am doing, importing roms say for nes chosing retroarch the emulator chosing all the peramaters and it works fine. So i import genesis roms and choose retroarch again and it is a no go. So how do i import my roms for all the systems for all the platforms and use retroarch for the emulator for all the platforms?

Start retroarch.exe outside of launchbox and make sure you got a core for genesis. i recommend genplus gx. cores for the new retroarch have to be downloaded within the program with the "update cores" option if it's not available. Go to launchbox, klick on "Manage Emulators" select retroarch and click on settings (or similar) a dialog should pop up where you have a list of all platforms supported by retroarch. Look for genesis. There are the command line parameters for genesis, like -V "some_core.dll" You might have to change that to -V genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll for the genesis core. Then try again and it should work.

OK if I start out fresh new install import genesis roms. It asks me me to setup platform and emulator, I chose retroarch for genesis. All done now I choose Nes roms to import. It asks me to choose platform I choose Nintendo then it asks for emulator I choose retroarch but it is already being used. Is there a different way to import roms for a different platform using retroarch? Could someone make a tutorial video or written for retroarch using multiple platforms?

• 2 months later...
Sorry if this is bumping the thread or whatever but I'm having the exact same thing happen as the OP- I import a load of SNES roms, add Retroarch, make sure the SNES core in the associated platforms is the same as I got in the cores folder (snes9x_libretro.dll), the games work. I move onto adding some Mega Drive roms and even though I've selected Retroarch from the dropdown list and even though I've made sure the core in the associated platforms tab is the same as I've got in the folder (genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll), tryin to load any of them just brings up a black screen like either LB or Retroarch thinks I'm still trying to load SNES roms. How do I actually make it so it knows which core to load for which system? EDIT: nvm I figured it out