LaunchBox Community Forums

ATARI ST EMULATION IN LAUNCHBOX

dudechester

Hey, I'd like to start a topic for all those interested in Atari ST emulation through Launchbox. Having tried all the ST emulator s out there, it's safe to say 'Steem' has the most features, easiest setup / compatibility. (This is also used as default with Gamebase for you that know Gamebase) Is there a code monkey around please, who could help me understand what launch box needs in it's startup script, so that the game launches instead of going to Atari ST Desktop, please? Thankyou Cool

Thanks for letting me know about RocketLauncher. This is something I've never even heard of up until now? :O Since Atari ST and Amiga etc are all managed, setup in Gamebase already, I wonder if I can run Gamebase through Launchbox? It would get a bit silly running Gamebase, through rocket launcher through Launchbox though :D oh Launch box please help support launching Atari ST games!! I can't even get a single game to work for Atari in Launchbox, and I'm pretty sure it needs some command line scripting to make that happen :(

Hey Jason, I've added Dungeon Master to test as the first game for Atari ST. I've got it setup the same as consoles which work, Drag drop, find artwork, link to the emulator (Which is Steem) Assuming this case needs something in the command line to get it to run with Launchbox.. Don't know what to put in the command line, as there's nothing in the example which would set the game up to run with the emulator as far as I can see? screenshot Thankyou

• 4 weeks later...
Have been trying where ever I get the time, so far not getting any closer to getting my favorite computer working within Launchbox yet, but I need some backup here, more technical, code minded people please :) I've found this thread for how they got Atari ST working in Hyperspin, so perhaps we can take bits from their setup and use it to get it working in Launchbox? http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/6712-atari-st/page-6 Many thanks! We will get there.

dudechester said Have been trying where ever I get the time, so far not getting any closer to getting my favorite computer working within Launchbox yet, but I need some backup here, more technical, code minded people please :) I've found this thread for how they got Atari ST working in Hyperspin, so perhaps we can take bits from their setup and use it to get it working in Launchbox? http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/6712-atari-st/page-6 Many thanks! We will get there.
Hi Dudechester, i work with Steem SSE 3.7.2( PC with win10) and ".st" files - there was no command line to add. Only imported rom files, add emulator, search for images and thats was all. most games work fine. Please have a look to my emulation details. send me the link of dungeon master and i will test it. gerhard steem37.JPG

• 4 weeks later...