LaunchBox Community Forums

Famicom Disk System

Lordmonkus

I imported the Famicom Disk System game collection and none of the data imported at all. I checked my platform and it is set to "Nintendo Famicom Disk System". At first I thought maybe there was nothing in the database for it so I checked the website and there is a database for it. I noticed there is no where near a full set of data and art at all but still the import should have found some of it but it found nothing. Is there something I am missing here ? This is the first time I have seen a zero art and data import for anything.

Ok so I am fiddling around a bit more with this and I still cannot seem to figure what is going on here. For example here I am trying to scrape and import the metadata for the game "Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa" which is in the database http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/40337 When I click the Search for Metadata the results in the dropdown menu are for the Famicom version and a Wiki entry that has no images. The Famicom entry obviously pulls the box art for the Famicom version which is not the same as the Disk System art. Since there is in fact an entry for the FDS version I would expect that to be one of the drop down menu choices after click the search button. My best guess from an outsider perspective is that for whatever reason Launchbox is not able to pull data from the "Nintendo Famicom Disk System" as a platform, just guessing here though. Edit: Another game, Bishoujo Control (that's how it is spelled in my LB) which is also in the database http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/40333 just returns a "No games were found with the specified title." message.