LaunchBox Community Forums

Pre-sale questions

BuckoA51

Hi, I have several pre-sale questions about Launchbox after downloading the demo. 1) Is there any way I can play with the Big Box feature in a trial mode or something? After trying a bunch of launchers and being disappointed with all of them, I really would like to try this out before I buy. 2) Are there skins for Big Box mode? I really love the XBMC/Kodi skin unity - https://seo-michael.co.uk/unity-skin-for-kodi/ Would I be able to configure Launchbox Big Box mode to look like that? 3) If a game has more than one fan-art image associated with it, how do I specify which one appears on the background when the game is selected? 4) Can I launch Trusted Windows Store apps/Metro apps/games with this program? Thanks in advance, Matt

Hi, Matt. Unfortunately Big Box is not currently available as a trial. There are also no skins, though they are planned. However, Big Box may never be as skinnable/customizable as XBMC, as that is not currently a focus of ours. Big Box randomly chooses from the list of fan art; currently you can't specify a particular one to use. You can launch Windows Store apps, but unfortunately (as you know) Microsoft has made it difficult. There's an article somewhere around here on the forums that gives instructions. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Ok so I've played some more this weekend, this seems to be the best launcher I've tested. Can you tell me, in either big box or standard mode can I filter by more than one criteria in the registered version? For instance I really want to filter by platform AND genre at the same time. Thanks!

Hi Bucko, this is possible in a couple ways inside of LaunchBox. For one, you can filter by platform, and then type the genre into the search box, and it will display all of that genre for that platform. You can also filter by platform and then arrange by genre, which is how I typically choose to do double filters. It's easy when they're grouped together like that. That functionality is planned for Big Box, but it's not really there yet.