LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional apps - Run after not waiting until game exits

BuckoA51

I won't be (shy of sharing scripts). I've only just started dabbling in these dark arts though so I might bend your ear again at another time. I reckon you're better than this than I am.

Mind you, the best (and first) script that I cobbled together is a VBScript and is an automated launcher for the PC version of Mr Driller (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/a-real-long-shot-getting-mr-driller-released-in-2000-to-work-on-windows-7.18219000/). This thread has nothing to do with me. Found it when searching for solutions which I didn't.

That son of a gun game always requires you to enter the CD Key everytime you play, No-CD crack or not. No matter what you do. So this script launches the game, enters the CD Key and presses enter, presses enter again on the next dialogue box and kills Xpadder (I found that Xpadder even if running with a blank profile would screw with Mr Driller's controls). I'd post the script here but it contains a CD Key which might be a breach of forum rules.

So yeah, that thing pretty much automates launching Mr Driller. If anyone is interested in the PC version of Mr Driller, give me a shout lol.

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello. Running into the same issue with Steam games with "Wait for Exit" in the Additional Apps section.  I'm running a very simple (one line) command line script and trying to have it run on a game's exit.  Here's the command line:

\path\to\WinIPAC.exe path\to\defualtControls.ipc

It doesn't work because we don't  know when a Steam game exits.

Since LaunchBox comes with AutoHotKey built-in, maybe instead of an onExit() type of event firing, we could latch on to an onFocus() event for LaunchBox or BigBox.  Something like:

onFocus() { //of BigBox or LaunchBox
  //press "1"+"2" simultaneously
	Run, /*Something you would have used with "Wait for Exit" in Additional Apps.
	       For me...*/
           \path\to\WinIPAC.exe \path\to\defaultControls.ipc 
}

I'm not the best scripter but I think this would work.

But yes "Wait for Exit" in the Additional Apps section working with Steam games would be great in a future version of LaunchBox.

• 2 years later...
On 12/7/2017 at 10:15 PM, jayjay said:

The "wait for exit" box will un-grey (?) if you select the "run before" box. I have just been sorting out a load of additional apps. I find that if you want to run an app when game exits. Then selecting just the "run after main application" box works.

I would like to know if "run before main application" and the "wait for exit" boxes are checked how does it work.

yes your right thanks

?

• 2 months later...