LaunchBox Community Forums

How to play videos in desktop mode

BuckoA51

Hi, so when I have a video associated with a game, it plays when I'm in big box mode but I can't seem to get it to play at all in desktop mode, am I missing something obvious? I'm running Windows 10 x64, I have VLC and Media Player but neither seem to work.

Open Options and on the left under General is Game Details. Click that, then under Show check the box Video. Close options then under View is an Auto play function for Video. If the video box already shows up all you need to do is check Auto-play. Jason is working on Video controls for a future release like they exist with WMP Playback.

• 9 months later...

Hey I appreciate prompt reply! 

Well in following your directions and still got the same results, I did however stumble upon the solution. The game details panel needed be stretched to the left a bit so there was enough room for video to be displayed. The good news is that it can still use the VLC player in order to do the video playback.

When I exit LB and go back into it, the game details panel defaults to being sized just a bit too small for video. Do you know if there is a way to tweak the default so that it is always wide enough to show the video by default?