LaunchBox Community Forums

Manualy create LaunchBox zip package

marcowy

I've already ask this question here https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/non-installed-steamgog-galaxyorigin-games-import-feature/page-6#p8101, but I think it wasn't noticed, so here it comes again (little edited to be more clarify) :) @SentaiBrad, @Jason Is it possible to create (manualy or programaticaly) XML file and import it to LaunchBox via "Tools-Import-LaunchBox zip package" option? I've made a test: I've exported my Steam collection from Launchbox and then copied one game's settings to new, manually created LaunchBox.xml file. Then I've changed Title of this game. Next I've zipped that file and tried to import it - unsuccessfully. I've tried few more changes - remove ID, dates and so on. Nothing happened.

Yes, I read your message, and yes, I wrote the import and export processes. What I'm saying is it will be difficult for you to build a package manually to be imported. LaunchBox may expect that there be other files in the zip file other than the LaunchBox.xml file. It's also important to note that all the file paths are changed during the export process. So I'm saying it's possible but not recommended, because it will be annoyingly difficult.

Jason thank you for your answer. But I don't get it. "Launchbox may expect that there be other files"? What files??? There is only one other file in originaly created zip - Readme.txt. I get the dinstinct impression that you don't want to help me in this issue...

Lol...not quite sure how to respond to that. Obviously lots of different files go into those zip packages, from images to game files, etc. My point is exactly that it is not worth the effort to try and figure out how to create one of the packages manually. Since you keep pressing me, I guess I will have to come right out and say it. No, I do not have time to research and then explain exactly how everything in those packages work. My apologies, but time spent on stuff like that only takes away from development time. I'm always happy to answer specific questions, but you're asking me to help you with a specific situation that would likely take hours to figure out. That, and you've been needlessly pushing me in this thread by putting words in my mouth and making accusations for no reason. Unfortunately my patience has run out.

Please forgive me, I really didn't want to be rude. I thought that the answer is relatively simple. I've forgot to write that I don't care about other files like images. There is a possibility to uncheck those files in the export option and then the only files created in zip package are LaunchBox.xml and Readme.txt. I don't expect you will waste your time for analyse this anymore. I will do some tests on my own. And if I don't figure it out I'll create new issue on your Bitbucket list to provide simple manual import from txt/csv files.