LaunchBox Community Forums

No Box-Art when Launchbox start from network drive

lamor

Hi, I'm a new user of Launchbox, I want to manage my roms and I discover this beautiful frontend. I use Kodi for my movies and TV-Show so the Big Box mode would be very interesting. Before purchase the premium version, I test the free one without BigBox and I have some problems. As you can see on the picture attached, I have a problem with the box art. All the pictures and info are here, but the box-art not displayed. If I move the launchbox directory to my C: drive it's ok. I believed this app was portable ? launchbox.jpg How can I solved this problem ? Many thanks

The application is portable, but if you tell LaunchBox that the images are on C, then move the install the images change drives. Where ever you put LaunchBox, LB needs to know where the images are. If they are now over a network then the file path is no longer C:/, it is now the network path.

Thank you for your answer but I never say I tell LaunchBox that the image are on C, I think it's not possible, all images are directly in the Launchbox directory, paths are relatives I said : I first install on the network drive and everything work except the Box Art, however they are present as you ca see on the screenshot when I go on the Edit rom section. And when I move the directory on C: drive it's working with no change, when I move the directory everywhere (on c: , on d: ... ect) it's working except on network drive (Letter Z) I don't understand why, si I ask here. Sorry if my English is not very good, I'm french.

Don't worry about your language, I just misunderstood you, it's not your fault. That is a weird problem though. At the top of LaunchBox, Tools -> Refresh Images, does this work? Edit a game entry; What happens if you delete all the images and download them again? Try clicking the red X in the top right and re-link the game to TheGamesDB? If you imported some games in LaunchBox then started moving things around I would say move things around then start importing games and then look. This is the extent at which I can help you though so Jason, the developer, will have to help you in the morning.

Yes, last I checked/heard, LaunchBox worked fine (though slowly) over a network drive. Try Refresh Images and let us know if you're still seeing the issue. Keep in mind, though, also, that "portable" does not mean "works over a network drive". It means that you can put it on a USB drive or sync it via Dropbox, etc. Still, it should work over a network drive, but performance will not be ideal.

I try refresh images, delete and and download again and nothing change, the problem still here.. I don't understand why only the box art are not visible.. Fanart, screenshot, info are OK... and when I edit games, all images are here and visible.. I test with two PC on Windows 7 x64 (SP1) and same problem.. Concerning the performance, my network is more efficient than a lot of USB stick...

Weird. I just ran a test; I ran LaunchBox both over a network drive, and just a standard network path, and the box art showed up just fine. I ran it over my wireless network, so it was pretty slow, but it did work fine and the box art all showed up. So I'm at a loss. Maybe try a different network path to see if it makes any difference?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the test. I don't understand why it doesn't work.. I test in two PC and different letters (for the network drive) and it doesn't work.. For the moment I run launcbox from my C: drive, and all my emulators and games are on the networks drive and it's ok. I would look later why this is not working.