LaunchBox Community Forums

Newbie Questions

dpc5555

Hi there. First off - I just discovered your front end and love the possibilities. Right now I use Kodi/XBMC, and this may give me a little more control over my game collection. I do have a few questions: 1) How do you import PC games that are not Steam or Windows? For example, I have a few that I have bought from the Ubisoft store that are not showing up. Is there a way to manually import singular titles? (With Kodi, I can just use the .lnk shortcuts and Advanced Launcher will include them) 2) Does the Big Box Mode allow you to have smaller text lists like standard mode? I know Big Box works with Kodi, which I want, but I like the more compact lists of Standard. 3) How do you change the default background images that show up when no fanart is present? Thanks!

Personally I add the games like they are ROMs and choose an emulator but then when it asks me for the platform I change it to PC then when I go to test the game I go into the edit form click the emulation tab and remove the check in the use emulator box. It isn't optimal but it definitely works. I don't think there is anyway to remove the emulator in a bulk scenario so you will have to remove it from each game before starting.

In the bottom right of LB there is an Add button, It's also at the bottom of the list under "Game" at the top. The edit screen will come up and Launcher should be selected. Hit the first browse button and point it towards the game. Then you can fill in the rest of the information / scan. Right now BixBox doesn't have much in the way of customization in how it looks or displays items from your library. If you want to change around the settings for the background, Tools -> Options. On the left under Images is a Backgrounds tab.