LaunchBox Community Forums

Show platform details and platform notes separately

CriticalCid

I figured out that the View calls the “FilterDeatilsView.xml” with the "Content="{Binding DetailsView}" command and uses it to show the platform details. I tried to edit it but it seems that I can’t show the details and notes separately because “Binding Path=Notes” doesn’t seem to work...

Also I wondered if it would be possible to call my own .xaml files within another .xaml file through the “Content=Binding” command? As of now it seems that I just can use the already existing ones because nothing happens when I try to call a custom one.

Maybe @Jason Carr could help?

Hi Cid, I'll be doing a tutorial on data bindings soon. Unfortunately it's not as easy just replacing the name of the binding, as there has to be a property in the model (the code) that matches up to the binding. It sounds like we may need some new properties in the code itself in order to get you what you need (until we add proper plugin support, at least). I think all you'll really need though is a property for the Notes as well as the Details, which is really easy to add. I've put that on my short list.

I also need to figure out how you'd be able to call your own .xaml files, as I don't think the binding method will work. That's gonna take some further research I think.

• Like 2

Hi Cid, I just added two new properties to the filters view models: Notes and Details. So you should be able to add text blocks like this:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" />

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Details}" />

This will be out in a beta later today. Let me know if it's not working after the beta is out. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2016 at 0:24 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi Cid, I just added two new properties to the filters view models: Notes and Details. So you should be able to add text blocks like this:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Notes}" />

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Details}" />

This will be out in a beta later today. Let me know if it's not working after the beta is out. :)

Using these two textblocks works, but it forces you to turn off display notes in platform details.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, sure. I think you should be able to modify the FilterDetailsView to hide Notes there. Does that work?

Not sure i am following, the OOB view just has one textblock bound to Details  <TextBlock Name="Details" Text="{Binding Path=Details}" Width="{Binding ElementName=DockPanel, Path=ActualWidth}" FontFamily="Calibri" Foreground="White" TextWrapping="Wrap" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Visibility="{Binding DetailsVisibility}" />. That returns both the details such as manufacture, plus the notes. If I want the detail fields and the notes in separate textblocks, you have add a new textblock and bind it to "Notes", but if you leave it that way, the notes actually display in both the new textblock and the existing textblock bound to "Details" so in order for it not to duplicate you have to go to settings and turn off display notes under platform details, this will hide the notes in the one bound to "Details". Hope that makes sense.

Yes I am actually using some of those selectedplatform properties you exposed, the only issue with that at the moment is I can't apply a transition to them or to anything else custom for that matter, unless it is in one of the shared views such as filterdetailsview. I definitely have a wish list going. [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's great, should help a lot. I am going to get as far as I can with the views that I am working on and put together a list of requests.

Fyi I am a c# guy but on the other end of the spectrum, web forms and mvc, I dont have a lot of experience with wpf but it's not much of a learning curve. So you are welcome to get technical with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1