LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Portable Windows Apps

tribe fan

I'm wanting to add portable windows apps to my PC platform. The only way I can see to add Windows games is by using the import windows games wizard. This only searches through the start menu though. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to accomplish this. Any thoughts?

Hello! There are a couple of ways I can think of to do this; 1. - Place shortcuts to your applications in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs - Import as per normal in LaunchBox where it will find the shortcuts that are now in your Start Menu. - Edit the relevant app in Launchbox and change the application path to a relative path (presuming this is what you want, using portable apps) 2. - Click 'Game' then 'Add' from the menu bar in LaunchBox (Ctrl+N) - Here you can add ANYTHING you like, search metadata and set the application path etc. Hope that helps!