LaunchBox Community Forums

DotNet 4.5.2 required but does not install

breech

I'm on a quite old version 4.6, and cannot upgrade because DotNet 4.5.2 refuses to install on W7x64 Pro. I know this is not really a Launchbox related problem, but I'm hoping someone here has figured out how to get it installed. Note that this is also tied to WindowsUpdate refusing to pull down updates. I've tried many things but nothing seems to work! Thanks if you can help. Symptoms: NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe is the full package, which rolls back during install. the Error message is 0x80070643. Tried: Disable update service, rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. Run it as admin Boot windows into debug mode Uninstall from ControlPanel

Open Control Panel in the search bar type troubleshooting click on troubleshooting on the left side there will be some clickable options click view all find Windows Update and run the troubleshooter. If that doesn't fix your issue try opening a cmd prompt with admin privileges and type sfc /scannow and hit ente

Thanks for the tips guys, windows update was fixed by installing KB947821. I found this buried in the xml logs: 'The installer has insufficient privileges to access: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\NetFramework. Log on as admin' of course I am admin, and run the installer as admin but that folder does not exist. If i create it, the error changes to say cannot access the folder. Tried the rename S-1-5-18 folder trick incase it was an encryption issue, no good. SFC found no errors. Checked MSI service is set to manual. Created another admin account, ran it as admin. Tried the dot net cleanup tool, no joy. tried installing 4.6.1, same problem. Tried a few hotfixes related to encryption/temporary profiles etc I think the next step is looking into Windows Installer hotfixes. Anyway, I'll stop posting here, as it looks like other many people have similar problems but different fixes. Cheers

• 1 month later...