I've found a way to insert the first two game disks launching XM6 from LaunchBox. I'll use Xenon 2 as an example.
1) Copy or rename your xmg6 exe and it's ini file to 8.3 chars if they aren't already (example: xm6g-e.exe)
2) Make a folder called 'Xenon 2 Megablast'
3) Unpack the disk images there and rename them to 8.3 chars (example: x2d1.dim)
4) Create a batch file in the folder called 'Xenon 2 Megablast.bat'
5) Paste the path and file names into the batch file to suit your emulator and game
6) Point LaunchBox to the batch file
7) Leave 'emulator' disabled
😎 Ignore the 'you need to set up an emulator' message
REM xm6 emulator 2 disk loader - br33ch.work/?page_id=257
xm6g-64e.exe .\x2d1.dim .\x2d2.dim
- Screenshot is from the English hack at br33ch.work/?page_id=257
- Don't bother messing with command line switches beyond this, xm6 takes two commands and will figure out what you are trying to achieve. Also the ini is not useful for mounting disk images.
- Unfortunately, a dos window will be created whilst running and will sit in the background until the emulator ends. Let me know if you know a way around that.
- There is methods to use long file names, but this can result in very hard to manage multiple quote situations
- Xm6 will not load disks unless it's DLLs are found, hence the path statement when run from a remote location.
EDIT: XM6 english version available:
It looks like the latest version of XM6G (3.31)is correctly enabling English.
Note, if you attempt to start it without the correct roms you will probably get a Japanese version of this error message.