LaunchBox Community Forums

How to pass 'launcher' path to 'Additional Apps'

breech

I want to pass an image path to an image mounter without batches or AHK because Ootake doesn't accept images natively. It would be handy with the run before/after functionality to mount/unmount automatically. There could be other uses I guess.

Ahh ok, so you want to mount cd images for TurboGrafx CD / PC Engine for Ootake im guessing then ? If that is the case my first suggestion would be to use Retroarch and the Mednafen core because it supports cue + bins and it's emulation quality is top notch. If that is not an option for you for whatever reason then I can think of one way that may work for you and it's the same way I and others use for Saturn emulation and mounting images for SSF. The following is what I do for SSF but I don't see why this wouldn't work for Ootake as well, but of course I cannot guarantee it will work. Create a .bat file in your Ootake folder with the following:
@echo off set game=%1% set daemon="C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" set emu="H:\Emulation\Emulators\SSF\SSF.exe" %daemon% -mount 0, %game% start /wait "" %emu% %daemon% -unmount 0
Obviously edit the set emu line with the path to the Ootake.exe. This bat file also assumes you are using Daemon Tools Lite for your virtual cd software, some others will work but not all. If you are using an other cd mouting program you will have to edit set daemon line as well. Now in Launchbox add a new emulator and call it whatever you wish and have it point to this bat file. Assign the platform for your games to use this emulator and it should work. You could of course do things using the additional apps but it is a pain in the ass because you will have to edit each and every game manually where this method is just the one time deal like any other emulator. I hope this works for you. I do not use Ootake for my TG / PCE CD emulation, I use Retroarch for it's ease of use and other features and I have had zero issues with its emulation quality.

It is possible to mount images with the additional apps, but not sure about your case. Maybe you can find your answer here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/using-daemon-tools-through-launchbox If nothing there works, I can recommend using rocket launcher. It supports ootake EDIT: lol lord Monkus just beat me.