LaunchBox Community Forums

How to Use New Config File

NormalNomad

I saved a new config for Nintendo DS, but I don't know how to, or where to enter the custom config information. In the "LaunchBox Tutorials - Emulating Nintendo DS" YouTube video at 15:00 SentaiBrad mentions that he demonstrated how to do this in a separate video, but I cannot find it. He mentions "-c config command in the associated platforms list". I saved the new config as desmume_libretro.cfg

Yea, early on I wasn't too fantastic in making sure I mentioned everything. Those are unscripted, and there's a lot to remember! The most reent SNES one is more back to basics actually for this reason, it's the starting point I like to share with everyone for that reason. So in the Associated Platforms, there is the -L command to load a core. Right after the the last quotation, add the -c command. So a full command would be -c "config/desmume_libretro.cfg" for you. Also, the DS core in RetroArch works, but the regular desmume core is superior I believe. The DS and PSP core in RA aren't that great compared to the standalones which get updated a lot.