LaunchBox Community Forums

Video in sidebar

Drybonz

I just picked up a set of MAME videos and I'm playing around with the video feature in LB. First impression... volume is very loud. Can I reduce the volume? Auto playback in sidebar... is there way to start playback in the sidebar when I highlight/select the game from the games list? Position. I really like the position of the video in the sidebar... above the bulk of the text. In fact, this is really where I want my snapshots as well (below the video but above the bulk of the text). I was really happy about the beginnings of some customization features for the sidebar that happened not long ago, but not much change since then. Customization for position and order of elements in the sidebar would really add a lot to that feature. I like to see all those nice videos and snapshots at a glance when I click on a game. Platform art in the sidebar as a background would be nice, etc...

Volume in LB, no, but the Windows Volume Mixer you can lower LB manually. This is planned eventually along with proper VLC controls. For auto-play, View -> Several options down. Options for music and video, or Ctrl + Alt + V. I actually covered video in the recent LB 5.9 video, I go over some of the major changes. The Details bar you can hide some elements, but not re-order. This might be a ticket as well.

Thanks for the reply... was trying to edit above post but you blocked me. Forum seems to block your edits if someone else replies. Anyway... was going to say option to toggle "repeat play" would be nice too... I'm guessing you have this planned with the proper VLC controls you mentioned. Thanks again. *edit* Found the auto-play option... thanks, works great. *edit* It seems like if I switch to BigBox, then back to Desktop my video is no longer in the sidebar.

Ok that last one must be a bug. Switch as in alt-tab or using the Ctrl + B option (the button in the Tools menu)? Also a repeat option I am unsure was thought of for full controls, but I'll make sure to add that to the ticket. Also yea, sorry about the Editing, unless you're approved (for some reason) you can't edit your posts after someone else has made a reply, which is kind of dumb. Our forums are stupidly finicky.