LaunchBox Community Forums

Command to close JoyToKey

JOHN30011887

I found how to close/proper shutdown JoyToKey when i exit a game so it doesnt stay in taskbar 

Iv got it setup in Additional Apps so i can start JoytoKey when i launch a game and found a way to close it when i exit a game,

I made an JoytoKey Force Exit exe, its runs hidden/invisible so you wont see command prompt, iv also added the JoytoKey icon so it looks nicer. The only line inside the exe is the "taskkill /f /im JoyToKey.exe" so it can be placed anywhere you want but i think its best to have next to Joytokey.exe

Steps to add to Launchbox

spacer.png

spacer.png

DOWNLOAD

JoyToKey Force Exit.exe

Edited by JOHN30011887
  • Thanks 1

I found what to do :)

Make a batch file next to the joytokey.exe, Inside put "taskkill /F /im JoyToKey.exe" without the quotes, or simpler way is to use the exe i made in later post.

Then under the Additional Apps in launchbox for the game you want to use it with direct the application path to the batch file or the exe i made in post below, and only tick run after main app that made the joytokey completely close when i exited a game

Edited by JOHN30011887

Thanks, John. You might be able to avoid having to use the batch file (and showing the black box) if you can find and browse to the location of the taskkill.exe file. I'm guessing that's what the original problem was. Or it could be that you need the complete path to JoyToKey.exe.

Hi, thanks for reply :) I dont actually see the black box of command prompt like batch files usually do, i think its happening very fast while the game is exiting so i dont see it.

JoyToKey process is called JoyToKey.exe so taskkill should work but it wont, well not for me (maybe im being daft or JoyToKey is just a stubborn app lol).

With all my games and application paths i give complete path not the "../" using the complete path for JoytoKey still leaves it open for me, only thing that has worked is the batch file, or the exe that i made,

JoyToKey Force Exit.exe

Edited by JOHN30011887
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@barra51, Sorry but im not sure as i dont use JoyToKey with emulators (In JoytoKey there is an option to Associate profiles with applications depending on the game your playing, thats how iv setup all my Pc tomb raider games). That might work with emulators but i dont know, sorry.

For me with emulators i just use the emulators built in controller options (never had issues with them). Also when i add emulated games to Launchbox i only add a custom exe (was batch file converted to exe) of the Emulator/game, i dont bother with Launchboxes built in Emulator support.

Folder of games

mTMyuc9.jpg

Inside Super Mario 3d world folder (shortcut is now a custom exe, read below for info)

ZJ0v6jx.jpg

I use a custom exe now so game folders are universal, use "batch to exe" (was just a shortcut before but that needs direct path) that are in each folder and add them to Launchbox.

pW4r8vY.jpg

Inside each batch file the target is directed to the Emulator, in this case its Cemu.exe, also you direct to the games iso/exe/rom or whatever it is, in this case its an Rpx file inside each game (i added -f to launch fullscreen for this emulator).

This way the batch file/custom exe just runs the emulator and loads the game and it goes fullscreen by itself, also using batch/custom exe i have all emulators universal meaning i can place the game folder anywhere on my pc and i will run, also cause each game is in its own folder different settings can be applied to each game if needed (Same applies to any other emulator)

Example of the Batch/custom exe

"Cemu.exe" -g "Super Mario 3D World\code\RedCarpet.rpx" -f

I do batch files converted to exe with

Dolphin for Wii and Gamecube games

Kega fusion for Sega games

Epsxe for Ps1 games

Pcsx2 for Ps2 games

Cemu for Wii U games

It should work with any emulator etc

Edited by JOHN30011887

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...