LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch core question

LogicalEgo

Quick question, which cores does Launchbox/Big Box use as priority in RA versus what RA offers? The reason I ask is I am using Final Burn Alpha cores for my arcade rom sets and prefer this over mame. FBA CPS1 core for Capcom Playsystem 1 games, FBA CPS2 core for Capcom Playsystem 2 games, FBA Neogeo for Neo Geo games and FBA SVN for all other Arcade titles. I plan to each make these there own system/playlist but I wanted to make sure LB/BB was not going to use the mame core for each of these list. Can I edit the autohotkey files to add the cores myself? Thanks!

Under tools\manage emulators double click RetroArch and go to the associated platform tab associate a Platform with the core that you want if the MAME core is already default for Arcade and you want to use another one of these for Arcade uncheck the MAME checkbox and move it to the core you want to use. If you are naming the platforms CPS1 NeoGeo and so on then just associate that with the core that you want to use and check that. Only important things is that the associated platform in the manage emulators matches exactly what you name the platform when you import the games.