LaunchBox Community Forums

Using with Retroarch + Controller config etc?

duhmez

I never used retroarch or launchbox, I am jumping into both at same time so a couple questions. Ioaded some cores into retroarch and that was all. After importing roms to test I played a a game and the controller worked. Xbox 360 pad. But I did not configure my controls in retroarch ever. I tested both TG 16 and Super NIntendo and the controller magically worked with the right buttons. So the Question is did launchbox somehow magically configure my controller for me into retroarch, or does retroarch automatically have xbox 360 controller presets and does not require gamepad configuration for at least some of the cores? I watched a tutorial of retroarch online and it showed that I was supposed to configure the gamepad in retroarch, which I did not do.

RetroArch automatically knows that you have a 360 pad plugged in based on drivers. The PS4 controller is the same way too. If you need to select a different controller you can change that by going to the second tab in RetroArch, going down to Input, then down to Input User 1 Binds. In here is a line User 1 Device Index. That is the line you change when you need to change controllers or if the 360 pad gets un-selected. You can also do custom configs for each individual core where you can set custom controllers up for cores. If you need help with RetroArch more, I cover it extensively in our Tutorial series which you can get to by clicking the link in my signature.