LaunchBox Community Forums

Strange behaviour with Big Box and Steam In Home Streaming

muppets4

I installed the new beta today and am experiencing some strange behaviour. I've tested streaming with a Steam Link and a PC, both have the same problem. I have also tried a wireless xbox360 and a wired xbox360 controller. The problem is that the left stick suddenly acts as a mouse in games (PCSX2 and Dolphin tried). I can see the cursor moving around the screen. Left is not working, and right seems to work, but with a bit of latency. I did not have this in the previous beta, so I think it got introduced with this one (beta 5?)

Okay, hrm. It does seem that there are other people using beta 5 with Steam Link streaming without issues, so my guess is that it would be some sort of odd configuration with the Steam Link. Unfortunately I don't have one to test with to confirm either way. I'll see if I can get some other people with Steam Links in on the conversation.

I tend to avoid adding software just for adding software, but if InputMapper supports Xbox contrllers, I woulld try with it installed. It maps your contrller, and can solve a bunch of troubles sometimes. Keep me posted, I will see if I have any other ideas, because my steam in home is working perfectly or so, for now.

Solved, I hope. When selecting DirectX input AND going back selecting the 360 controller it worked. No more mouse acting now. But I have another question. In PCSX2 and Dolphin the (B) button acts as the escape button. When I click it, the emulator shuts down and I'm in BigBox again. Must be easy to resolve, but can't find it..... EDIT: nevermind, the mouse behaviour is back. On both the Link and the PC.... EDIT 2: just to be sure I've taken one of my sons Xbox One controllers. Same issue.

Hey muppets4, for the (B) button I managed to solve that one. I am just unsure wether it requires 2 steps or just one. 1) STart by opening Launchbox, go to manage emuatord, and then select your PCSX2 emulator. Then go to the autohotkey tab, and remove all togheter the script that is there, save and close. It sems not compatible with Steam IN house streaming. 2)The other step I didi, which might not be necessary is to edit the PCSX2_keys.ini file, and remove the keybind for the ESC key. Just let me know if step 1 is enough to solve your issue, then I'll be able to re-add a keybind to exit PCSX2... Peace!

Peace! Is just what I need. I just did your first suggestion. No result. Kinda thought it wouldn't, cause Dolphin is giving me the same problem, and was no script on the autohotkey tab there. So I went on and did the second. No result either.... kinda lost now.... It has to do something with Big Box . Because Dolpin and PCSX2 both act exact the same! And they don't when I do not stream and play directly on the server, or play opening an RDP with the server.

Thanks Brad. Almost same settings. My controller works too. When I play directly on my game PC. When I stream over Steam the B button on the controller acts as an ESC and ends emulation and brings me back to Big Box. It's starting to get personal (-:

Then to me, that sounds like it has to be a setting. If the only difference between us is the method of which we see the game then it has to lie within the difference. The only difference between us is that im not streaming it, and I am using a PS4 controller. Just to double check, you don't have any AutoHotKey or Automation settings running for BigBox do you? In BigBox Options check Controller Buttons and Controller Automation. At least to satisfy curiosity too, disable them and navigate BigBox with your keyboard and double check your games.

I wish I could add some advice, however, I am not that good when it comes to troubleshooting others. I remarked, though, what seems to be a strange behavior in Launchbox, and I wonder if it is intended: It seems like, no matter what I do, if I delete PCSX2 Autohotkey script under >> Manage emulator >> pcsx2, and then relaunch LaunchBox, the Autohotmey script keeps coming back, like by default. I am just wondering if it is a normal behaviour, if it is just me, or if it has a specific purpose.

SentaiBrad said Just to double check, you don't have any AutoHotKey or Automation settings running for BigBox do you? In BigBox Options check Controller Buttons and Controller Automation. At least to satisfy curiosity too, disable them and navigate BigBox with your keyboard and double check your games.
I do not have Autohothey enabled. I do have in controller buttons Button 2 setup as Back. The standard 6 buttons I guess. I changed Button 2 into NONE. Started up a Stream session and............... still the same. Button 2 acts as ESC.

Just to investigate further I tried Nvidia Shield. There is an unofficial app (Moonlight) for streaming content from one PC to another. I've set it up and tried Big Box with that. Works flawless and the controller functions as expected. No strange behavior of the B button (ESC) on my controllers.

SagaXIV said Great thing to know, I just ordered a Nvidia Shield to do the same! (Monnlight APK seems awesome compared to the PC version). Do you plan to stick with the Shield, or still want to troubleshoot the Steam in house?
I don't own a shield, just making use of the software. But I have to admit that it is tempting. I've been reading good reviews for both the tablet and the TV edition. I really like Steam over Shield for now, because it looks prettier and can be my all in one solution. I own a lot of Steam games.