LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box + epsxe + controller autohotkey

DOS76

If you go into LaunchBox and navigate to tools, manage emulators, epsxe and edit this will open the form to edit your ePSXe on the top of that form there will be a autohotkey tab click on it and enter this code.
; This section closes ePSXe when pressing Escape $Esc:: { Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} }
I've heard recently from other users that if you are using a controller then this doesn't work however if you are using a keyboard then it works without displaying the confirm message.

I figured out a little what is going on. Outside of LaunchBox in eSPXe 2.0 if you press atl+f4 you get the exit confirmation message while if you hit escape it will close the game and take you back to the emulators gui then you can hit alt+F4 and there will be no confirmation message. So basically when you set up the autohotkey for the controller the close process isn't using escape it is using alt+F4 and that is why you are still getting the confirmation message. So unless there was an option to use escape as a specific button in LaunchBox then it isn't going to work out how you want unless you use another program like Xpadder to set up button(s) to act like escape.

When i used to use X-Padder it ran at startup but until I turned my gamepad on it didn't do anything then once i turned the controller on then it just started working and emulating the button presses. Due to my HTPC having a dedicated wireless keyboard I only use the controller to play games so because you are trying to use the gamepad for everything this may actually not be a solution for you as what ever you mapped doesn't work in only one program but it works like buttons are the same as your keyboard buttons and it works everywhere. If you only want to map the escape key then do that for a button you won't need in ePSXe or if they allow combos in J2K (I haven't used it in awhile and don't recall) set to buttons to act like escape when pressed together and everything else should still work as normal.

Niglurion actually has a solution to this issue it is can be found in this post Basically you need to get the Lilypad controller plugin and use that making sure that under hacks you enable the checkbox exit emulator on windows close. If you have PCSX2 then the plugin should be in the plugins folder for that emulator.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Lilypad is not working for me. I have another issue with Lilypad, when I exit with esc key, screen resolution does not reverse back to Windows resolution (1920x1080) but remains in ePSXe resolution (1280x960).

I don't have this issue with epsxe core input. So I guess I'll stay with it but still feeling annoyed of the confirmation on exit.

I've been looking for a solution for this myself for a while. I use Bigbox on my tv through the steam link with an xbox 360 controller, and wanted an easy way to close epsxe with the controller without an external program, or losing the guide button
which I can use for the steam overlay. After doing some digging, I came up with this custom autohotkey script that you can add to the epsxe emulator in launchbox. 
This will allow epsxe to be closed by holding down the start button, and pressing the back button on the 360 controller. Cheers!

Toggle = 0  ; Resets "Toggle" for first use

Joy1::
If not GetKeyState("Joy8")  ; Checks to see if Joy2 is held down
	Return
Gosub, SubToggle
Return

Joy2::
If not GetKeyState("Joy7")  ; Checks to see if Joy1 is held down
	Return
Gosub, SubToggle
Return

SubToggle: