LaunchBox Community Forums

Can I add ROMs for more than 1 system at a time?

angelobodetti

Curious if LB allows you to run more than 1 import session at a time? For example, I'm currently loading 800+ SNES ROMs with videos and all possible art. This process is taking several hours. Am I able to load a PS1 (or any other) ROM set while the SNES one is mid load? Or do I need to wait for SNES to complete before I cN start a new import? Thank you!

No, the import processes needs to run 1 at a time. If we allowed for multiple to run there would be even bigger performance concerns. The large amount of games is probably the cause of it. That amount of data, unless you have blazing fast internet and the server gave you full bandwidth, is just going to take a while to download. You can import with minimal amount of extra data at the start and then use the 'Download Images and Metadata' option in the Context Menu. You can either do all of your imported systems or just 1 at a time. Click a game, Ctrl + A to highlight them all, then Tools -> Download Images and Metadata. I would also suggest clicking the option to only download metadata for missing sections so nothing gets re-downloaded.