LaunchBox Community Forums

Good on you, Sega! Allowing Rom Hacks for Genesis Hub Steam Workshop!

kerszr

Basically Sega with their newly announced Genesis Hub allows people to modify existing games. Have you ever had the desire to modify Ecco the Doliphin and share it with the permission of the original creators. Now you can! Personally I think this is great for the preservation of our favorite classics. Hopefully this will bring forward a lot more companies to do the same thing. Imagine a more simple and intuitive way to find rom hacks and trade with the community while also giving us options for the future. In the link down below Pat discusses how Sega can profit off of people modifying classic Genesis games! But first I want to know what you take is on it.Cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tqt2iLFrGo

I think this is only but good. I actually covered this on Retro Style Spotlight on our channel and Sega is doing something really really cool. The popularty and the peak of a lot of these games has already passed. They'll always be sought after, but the saturation point has already hit. A lot of these Japanese companies are trying to severely change and this is a way they are trying to do it, piggy backing on their history and accepting the fact that this is a thing.

• 4 weeks later...