LaunchBox Community Forums

Sync to my collection.

retrtokid

Im a bit confused as to what this is supposed to do, when I click 'Sync to my collection'. It displays the message 'Yove successfully synced your collection the Launchbox Database - do you want to view it now' However when I view my collection there is nothing there? What does 'Sync' actually then do?

No worries! Long term we will be providing a process to sync everything up automatically with the LaunchBox Games Database, and contribute all your personal collection's information. So with LaunchBox 6.0 you'll be able to automate this whole process. In the mean time though what you can do is select all your games with Ctrl+A and then go to Tools > Download Metadata and Images. Just be sure to check the box to search for metadata from the LaunchBox Games Database. Shouldn't need to download any images if you don't want to. Then after that you can run the sync and it should sync all the games that are on the LaunchBox Games Database. :)