LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem loading playstation games

ragingdruid2

Hey, I've been using Retroarch to run my PlayStation games because I really love this emulator but today I realized that I have a problem loading certain PS1 games in Launchbox such as Crash Bandicoot or Seiken Densetsu 2. I can't seem to understand why because other games for example Legend of Mana of Crash Bandicoot 3 seem to run perfectly. Maybe it's because they are more "light" in terms of file size than other games? I really need some help here =\

Do the games work alone in RA? If the games are in .bin.,cue make sure it is pointing to the cue and that the both files are named exactly the same. If these games don't work outside of LB the possibility of bad rom always exist or actual problems with what is in the .cue sheet

I have Crash Bandicoot running fine through Retroarch on PSX, so it may be an incorrect cue file, or a dodgy version as Derek said. Open the cue sheet with a text editor, and make sure the filename of the bin file in the cue sheet is exactly the same name as the actual bin file.

Well, I actually have one more problem regarding the emulator. Besides the games launching now I seem to have a problem opening them directly in Retroarch. I can only load them from Launchbox if I try to open from the emulator itself it crashes on me. Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Outside of LB? You just load the core then load the cue sheet of the game you want to play. You have games launching so the cue sheets have the correct info inside, the only thing I can think of is trying a fresh cfg file (I would pull a clean one from the RetroArch download instead of deleting it and letting RA generate a new one for you), a completely fresh download with your system folder carried over or to double check your BIOS files. I had an RA version just crash on me before, but it was inside or outside of LB. Updating again is what fixed that problem (I update the nightlies every few weeks). Black screening and crashing is generally a BIOS problem, but you have games working in LaunchBox... so It might be a cfg problem if you load custom configs through LB?