LaunchBox Community Forums

Download Artwork for Separate System ?

Kristijan1001

Can i download artwork for certain system i choose instead of clicking the "Tools>Download Meta Data And Images" button because launchbox then starts downloading for every system.Why i need this is because i don't have premium over emumovie and i want to download my artwork let's say 2 systems a day because of the 250mb limit instead of downloading for all systems at once..

On the left click a system, highlight all the games in that system by clicking a game then using Ctrl + A, then use Tools -> Download Images and Metadata. Make sure to use the option to only download Metadata and Images that are empty. Also, our Database is quite impressive, and you're not going to find much more on EmuMovies. The only thing EmuMovies has that we don't is video which is Premium only anyways. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much. Our database is also going to start growing soon. Edit: Don't wanna forget they have music too. Even then, all said and done, they don't have video or music for every game, nor images. Combined with our DB there are more images, but as long as you also don't check to prioritize EmuMovies metadata (leave it unchecked) then I would be willing to bet (video and music aside) that more images are coming from us, and we don't have a download cap.

SentaiBrad said On the left click a system, highlight all the games in that system by clicking a game then using Ctrl + A, then use Tools -> Download Images and Metadata. Make sure to use the option to only download Metadata and Images that are empty. Also, our Database is quite impressive, and you're not going to find much more on EmuMovies. The only thing EmuMovies has that we don't is video which is Premium only anyways. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much. Our database is also going to start growing soon. Edit: Don't wanna forget they have music too. Even then, all said and done, they don't have video or music for every game, nor images. Combined with our DB there are more images, but as long as you also don't check to prioritize EmuMovies metadata (leave it unchecked) then I would be willing to bet (video and music aside) that more images are coming from us, and we don't have a download cap.
Yea i want the music ,but in combo from LaunchBox And Emumovies u can get covers that u didnt have before.Are u guys planning on adding videos and music in LaunchBox database that will make premium 100% worth it?Also great app keep up the great work.Some minor thing i noticed some default configs when setting emulator have extract zip option checked as default which is not necessary for that emulator ,cant top of my mind which ones they were

Our Premium is not necessary for the Database at all. As far as expanding the offerings of our database, we're focusing on getting the Database fully operational. Right now we're focusing efforts to get full game submission available instead of just editing current games metadata. As far as the images EmuMovies offers, EM only fills in a small amount of titles that we don't have, but a majority of the images comes from our Database which is completely free.

SentaiBrad said Our Premium is not necessary for the Database at all. As far as expanding the offerings of our database, we're focusing on getting the Database fully operational. Right now we're focusing efforts to get full game submission available instead of just editing current games metadata. As far as the images EmuMovies offers, EM only fills in a small amount of titles that we don't have, but a majority of the images comes from our Database which is completely free.
"Right now we're focusing efforts to get full game submission" You mean making roms available to download within the launcher ? If that so thats amazing !

Kristijan1001 said
SentaiBrad said Our Premium is not necessary for the Database at all. As far as expanding the offerings of our database, we're focusing on getting the Database fully operational. Right now we're focusing efforts to get full game submission available instead of just editing current games metadata. As far as the images EmuMovies offers, EM only fills in a small amount of titles that we don't have, but a majority of the images comes from our Database which is completely free.
"Right now we're focusing efforts to get full game submission" You mean making roms available to download within the launcher ? If that so thats amazing !
Sorry but that will never happen. Downloading roms would be highly illegal, and would open Jason up to major legal implications. Full game submission means that we can add new games with all metadata and images to the LaunchBox database.

Yea we would never allow games to be downloaded here unless they were fully legal to re-distribute. I mean to allow users to be able to add entries to our Database so users will have more complete data when scraping from the Database. Currently it's only open for editing existing metadata for games. Images, deletion and addition are still to come. Once this happens we're confident that the small gap that does exist between us and EM will close even farther. I'm sorry for the confusion.