LaunchBox Community Forums

Can you share BigBox Licence ?

Can you? Technically, yeah. There's nothing stopping you, to my knowledge. Should you? ...no? Why would you think otherwise? When you buy a license, you are buying a license for use on as many of your computers as you wish - not you and your buddies (or vice versa). I mean, you do realize you're basically asking if it's okay to pirate a product on the forums of that product right? "Hey Adobe, I found a licensed version of Photoshop on The Pirate Bay. Somebody bought the license for it at some point I'm sure; I didn't, but someone did. Can I go ahead and use it? Is that cool with you?" Just save a bit and bite the bullet, it's worth it. Launchbox is still at your disposal, for free, until then. If you appreciate the benefits that Launchbox is providing you, chances are high that you'll appreciate those granted by a premium license as well. And if turns out you don't, or you have some problem that the community here isn't able to help you resolve, I believe Jason has always been good about granting refunds when necessary. I'm really not trying to be jerk, so don't take it that way, but come on man Confused

Zombeaver said Can you? Technically, yeah. There's nothing stopping you, to my knowledge. Should you? ...no? Why would you think otherwise? When you buy a license, you are buying a license for use on as many of your computers as you wish - not you and your buddies (or vice versa). I mean, you do realize you're basically asking if it's okay to pirate a product on the forums of that product right? "Hey Adobe, I found a licensed version of Photoshop on The Pirate Bay. Somebody bought the license for it at some point I'm sure; I didn't, but someone did. Can I go ahead and use it? Is that cool with you?" Just save a bit and bite the bullet, it's worth it. Launchbox is still at your disposal, for free, until then. If you appreciate the benefits that Launchbox is providing you, chances are high that you'll appreciate those granted by a premium license as well. And if turns out you don't, or you have some problem that the community here isn't able to help you resolve, I believe Jason has always been good about granting refunds when necessary. I'm really not trying to be jerk, so don't take it that way, but come on man Confused
You went straight out of context to go even to pirating ,how is that the same in any way.So what you are telling me if my friend gameshares a game with me it means i pirate the GAME ? That absolutely makes no sense ,i asked this since it said its DRM free and that u can use it on Multiple PCs on the Main page.As for buying it i would love to buy it,its just i cant afford that much atm.As for being a jerk i believe u tried to be one but its ok everyone has their POV.Thanks for your awnser anyway.

How is it out of context? You're asking if you can have access to a product/level of service that you're required to pay for without paying for it. What other context is there? To have X you must pay Y. Did you pay Y for X? No? Then it's piracy. Pretty straightforward. If your friend has a Playstation game and he lends you the disc, and you take it home, and play it on your Playstation, and then a couple days later you give it back to him - that's not piracy, that's basically the same thing as renting it. If your friend has a Playstation game and he lends you the disc, and you rip that disc to your computer, and then give him back the disc and continue to play the rip... that is piracy. What you're asking for is the latter, not the former. Unless of course you're planning on deleting the license a couple days later I guess, which you gave no indication of. Again, when you buy a license, you are buying a license to use on your computer(s). Not for you and whoever else you decide to give your license to. The fact that it's DRM free means that you can do that on as many of your computers as you choose; it also means that if you choose to give your license to someone else, there's nothing systemically stopping you from doing so... but you shouldn't because that is the same thing as piracy, whether you realize/want to admit it or not. @SentaiBrad feel free to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong on the spirit or logistics of any of this.

Zombeaver said How is it out of context? You're asking if you can have access to a product/level of service that you're required to pay for without paying for it. What other context is there? To have X you must pay Y. Did you pay Y for X? No? Then it's piracy. Pretty straightforward. If your friend has a Playstation game and he lends you the disc, and you take it home, and play it on your Playstation, and then a couple days later you give it back to him - that's not piracy, that's basically the same thing as renting it. If your friend has a Playstation game and he lends you the disc, and you rip that disc to your computer, and then give him back the disc and continue to play the rip... that is piracy. What you're asking for is the latter, not the former. Unless of course you're planning on deleting the license a couple days later I guess, which you gave no indication of. Again, when you buy a license, you are buying a license to use on your computer(s). Not for you and whoever else you decide to give your license to. The fact that it's DRM free means that you can do that on as many of your computers as you choose; it also means that if you choose to give your license to someone else, there's nothing systemically stopping you from doing so... but you shouldn't because that is the same thing as piracy, whether you realize/want to admit it or not. @SentaiBrad feel free to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong on the spirit or logistics of any of this.
You might have some point there,but iam not going out of my way to post it on the internet or anything similar the comparison u did with adobe was just stupid,most of programs have drm and have support for like 3pcs(so u can't actually do that if its not drm free also im pritty sure even if it was possible the lincence would get terminated really quickly),about the games i was thinking more of the digital side like psn games u can use on 2 consoles.anyways we can talk about this the whole day since its a big topic so lets just move on.

Kristijan1001 said the comparison u did with adobe was just stupid
Adobe has a line of software products that people can use, some of which are free (Adobe Reader, Photoshop Express, Flash Player, Air, Shockwave, etc.) and some of which require a premium to access (Photoshop, In Design, etc.). If you were to have access to Photoshop, a premium product in their line, without paying for it, it would be piracy. Launchbox has certain modules/features that people can use, some of which are free (base Launchbox without premium features) and some which require a premium to access (Big Box, and premium features). If you were to have access to Big Box, a premium feature, without paying for it, it would be piracy. Not only is it not a stupid comparison, it's about as close as you could get.
Kristijan1001 said most of programs have drm and have support for like 3pcs(so u can't actually do that if its not drm free also im pritty sure even if it was possible the lincence would get terminated really quickly)
Yep. Which is precisely why I differentiated between whether or not you can and whether or not you should for Launchbox. It is DRM free, which means there isn't anything systemically (to my knowledge) that would stop you from doing what you're suggesting. But you shouldn't. I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you were hoping for. Launchbox will still take care of your basic needs until you can save up to purchase a license yourself. The extra bells and whistles are neat, but not essential.

Zombeaver said
Kristijan1001 said the comparison u did with adobe was just stupid
Adobe has a line of software products that people can use, some of which are free (Adobe Reader, Photoshop Express, Flash Player, Air, Shockwave, etc.) and some of which require a premium to access (Photoshop, In Design, etc.). If you were to have access to Photoshop, a premium product in their line, without paying for it, it would be piracy. Launchbox has certain modules/features that people can use, some of which are free (base Launchbox without premium features) and some which require a premium to access (Big Box, and premium features). If you were to have access to Big Box, a premium feature, without paying for it, it would be piracy. Not only is it not a stupid comparison, it's about as close as you could get.
Kristijan1001 said most of programs have drm and have support for like 3pcs(so u can't actually do that if its not drm free also im pritty sure even if it was possible the lincence would get terminated really quickly)
Yep. Which is precisely why I differentiated between whether or not you can and whether or not you should for Launchbox. It is DRM free, which means there isn't anything systemically (to my knowledge) that would stop you from doing what you're suggesting. But you shouldn't. I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you were hoping for. Launchbox will still take care of your basic needs until you can save up to purchase a license yourself. The extra bells and whistles are neat, but not essential.
Its ok the answer i was hoping for was just a simple answer of my question but i got accused or piracy instead,its like i was going to torrent it or use cracked version of it.But its all good.Thanks for ur time

Kristijan1001 said Its ok the answer i was hoping for was just a simple answer of my question but i got accused or piracy instead,its like i was going to torrent it or use cracked version of it.But its all good.Thanks for ur time
@Zombeaver gave you a simple answer when they said:
Zombeaver said When you buy a license, you are buying a license for use on as many of your computers as you wish - not you and your buddies (or vice versa).
You just don't appear to have liked that answer.

BlackSol said
Kristijan1001 said Its ok the answer i was hoping for was just a simple answer of my question but i got accused or piracy instead,its like i was going to torrent it or use cracked version of it.But its all good.Thanks for ur time
@Zombeaver gave you a simple answer when they said:
Zombeaver said When you buy a license, you are buying a license for use on as many of your computers as you wish - not you and your buddies (or vice versa).
You just don't appear to have liked that answer.
Not really he could ended it there but he continued to tell me stories for adobe and accusing of piracy,but what i only did was ask...but whatever floats your/his boat.As i said just move on.A mod/admin can go on close/remove this topic.